cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Guide on changing IP and subnet of Smartzone 100 along with APs on existing network

ivan_ong
New Contributor II
Hi, I am planning to cutover an existing network whereby I have to change the IP and subnet of the current SZ 100 and APs. Basically from 172.x.x.x/20 to 192.168.x.x/24. 
DHCP will be from an external source and supplied to the APs. 

Any guide of how I may go about with this?
6 REPLIES 6

abilash_pr
New Contributor III
Hi Ivan,

I assume all the APs are set to DHCP, please take a backup of both configuration and cluster backup, then please run AP CLI script on SZ100 to let all the APs know the new SZ100 IP address ( this is an extra step to make sure that all APs connect back to SZ quickly ).

Now go-ahead and change the IP address of SZ100, please wait few minutes as because certain services would restart; after a while SZ100' GUI should be back APs would show up.

There isn't any document specifically for this, but these should be sufficient, should there be any please keep this thread updated.

Regards,
Abilash PR.

ivan_ong
New Contributor II
Thanks Abilash.

Yes, all APs will be set to DHCP fo this change. Currently, their IP addresses are statically assigned.

May I know the actual command of the IP address change for the AP CLI script?

You mentioned that it will take a few minutes as certain services would restart, for this process, do we need to reboot each APs too?

Cheers,
Ivan

abilash_pr
New Contributor III
Hi Ivan,

Please save the below as .txt file and apply it on the AP Zone.

fw_version=3.1.1.0.349 ( change this with your AP firmware version )
model=all
set scg ip xx.xx.xx.xx ( change this with you IP 192.168.x.x/24 )

No, the don't need to be rebooted.

Regards,
Abilash PR.

abilash_pr
New Contributor III
Hi Ivan,

Please refer below link on how to apply the script.

http://docs.ruckuswireless.com/smartz...

Regards,
Abilash PR.