cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Getting a US-bought ZoneFlex 7363 to work on a UK ZoneDirector

timothy_carring
New Contributor II
I am in the UK and I have a ZoneFlex 7363 bought from the US. It is set to US and cannot be changed.

What are the issues with connecting to ZoneDirectors? Will it never connect to a UK ZoneDirector? Can the AP firmware be changed to allow the country setting to be changed? Can a US ZoneDirector be used in the UK. etc.
26 REPLIES 26

Hi, just in case it may help, I had the following problem : my Access Point ZF7363 bought in the US was not connecting to my Zone Director 1100.

I tried many things, like upgrading manually the firmware of the AP which didn't work.

The solution in my situation was to connect to the AP using puttin program and "set countrycode CH"...CH being for Switzerland.

After a reboot the AP was recognized by the ZD.

And everything is working perfectly.

Hope it helps!

Hi - where do i find or/and use the "puttin program"? Do i enter the AP first via 192.168.0.1 or?

Thanx for the help

Hi Resmus,

First of all, a Ruckus AP comes in two different country wise product code,

1- Country specific where country code is fixed and cannot be changed. Product name will look like below. Here AP model is H510 and its product country code is US which is fixed and cannot be changed.

xxx-H510-UK00 xxxxxxxxxxxx

2- APs which can be used World Wide and their country code can be changed. For example, refer below. Here it is a H510 model and product country code is WW (World Wide) so you can change the country code depending upon which country you are going to use the AP.

xxx-H510-WW00 xxxxxxxxxxxx

To check if your AP is fixed to a country code or not, run below command and look for "Fixed Ctry Code:" in the output. If it says "no" means AP is for WW use and if it is set to "yes" then AP can only be used as per it's product country code.

get boarddata

Example output:

name:     T310
magic:    xxxxxxxx
cksum:    e47
rev:      5.4
Serial#:  xxxxxxxxxxxx
Customer ID: 4bss
Model:    T310D
V54 Board Type: GD56
V54 Board Class: QCA_ARM
Random#:  3934 3732 3436 3439 3764 3032 3062 6561
symimgs:  yes
ethport:  1
V54 MAC Address Pool:  yes, size 16, base xx:xx:xx:xx:xx:C0
major:    1027
minor:    11
pciId:    0000
wlan0:    yes xx:xx:xx:xx:xx:xx
wlan1:    yes xx:xx:xx:xx:xx:xx
eth0:     yes xx:xx:xx:xx:xx:xx
eth1:     yes xx:xx:xx:xx:xx:xx
eth2:      -  xx:xx:xx:xx:xx:xx
eth3:      -  xx:xx:xx:xx:xx:xx
eth4:      -  xx:xx:xx:xx:xx:xx
eth5:      -  xx:xx:xx:xx:xx:xx
uart0:    yes
sysled:   no, gpio 0
sysled2:  no, gpio 0
sysled3:  no, gpio 0
sysled4:  no, gpio 0
Fixed Ctry Code:  yes
Antenna Info:  yes, value 0x00007372
usb installed:  yes
Local Bus:  disabled
factory:  yes, gpio 8
serclk:   internal
cpufreq:  calculated 0 Hz
sysfreq:  calculated 0 Hz
memcap:   disabled
watchdg:  enabled
FIPS SKU:    no

I hope this helps.

Regards,
Syamantak Omer

Syamantak Omer
Sr.Staff TSE | CWNA | CCNA | RCWA | RASZA | RICXI
RUCKUS Networks, CommScope!
Follow me on LinkedIn

Thanx for the reply. So i have about 16 AP's with the code EU01 that is controled by the ZD.
So can i use APs with the code WW00  and combine them with these EU01 if i just setup the WW00 to the country code my ZD has?
I can't find any zoneflex 7363 that has the code EU01.

heath_barnhart
New Contributor II
I'd never messed with the command, but did remember seeing it so I thought I would let you know.