cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Factory Reset - Zone Director 1200

King619
New Contributor

I have a Zone Director 1200. The previous IT person didn't document the password. Wifi is working, I just can't login to configure anything.

I do have around 20+ AP's. If I factory reset the main unit, will that break all the AP's? Will they have to be re-configured, also factory reset, etc? Or will it detect the AP's that are connected and let me configure them?

Thanks for any info you can provide. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

ms264556
Contributor II

The APs' configuration is managed at the ZoneDirector, so you will have to setup absolutely everything if you factory reset. You'll factory reset the ZoneDirector, re-setup the WLANs, WLAN Groups, AP Groups, then reallocate the APs to the appropriate groups. You'll also need to configure any other services (e.g. radius, dpsks, etc).

But if you have an old backup then the password can be recovered. If you have a support contract then Ruckus support can do this for you. But you can do it yourself too: https://ms264556.net/pages/ExtractRuckusAdminUserPass

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

sanjay_kumar
RUCKUS Team Member

Hi @King619 
You can open a support case, we can recover the password from the old backup file. If you do not have the password then you have to factory reset the ZD and reconfigure everything.