cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Enabling multicast for a Sonos environment

eric_bullock
New Contributor II
I am having trouble with a ZoneFlex R510 in standalone mode, and integrating Sonos. In a nutshell, I can't get the Sonos hardware to join the 2.4Ghz network. Here is a relevant discussion on the Sonos forums. I spent hours troubleshooting this last weekend. When I put my old WAP in place everything worked fine. Re-introduce the Ruckus equipment and it falls apart again. It sounds like I need to try enabling multicast traffic?

https://en.community.sonos.com/troubleshooting-228999/surround-setup-error-6804042

Is this an option in the Web GUI or a CLI only thing? I started looking into this last night and did not find any clear steps. The AP is running v200.6.10.1.308 software.
30 REPLIES 30

eric_bullock
New Contributor II
Nobody, eh? So I need to call support?

joseph_voldeck
New Contributor III
https://forums.ruckuswireless.com/ruckuswireless/topics/sonos-play-5

Last post will fix your issue providing you have no other networking issues

eric_bullock
New Contributor II
Thanks for the post. The syntax of those commands is different for Unleashed? They did not work for me when I was connected to the AP via SSH.

Here is the translation. Or at least the commands that executed successfully for ME.

The first command was supposed to be this:

rkscli: set qos directed multicast disabled

Should be:

ruckus(config-wlan)# no qos directed-multicast

The second command was supposed to be this:

rkscli: set qos eth0 igmp disable

Should be:

ruckus(config-wlan)# no qos igmp-snooping

The third command I could not figure out.

rkscli: set qos eth0 classification disable

I tried digging into the system configuration and entering this command, which is the ONLY QoS setting I could find in the Unleashed CLI:

ruckus(config-sys)# no qos
Changes are saved!
System QoS function has been disabled

However, after entering this series of commands I am still not able to join my Sonos hardware to my Ruckus WiFi network. The error presented by the Sonos controller is to make sure the 2.4 Ghz WLAN is 802.11b/g compatible.

😕