cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does R750 support LACP?

yee_nok_li
New Contributor II
Dear support,

please help check if ZD1205 +R750 support below or not, thanks.
1. Does R750 support Link Aggregation?
2. Does R750 support LACP

Nok
10 REPLIES 10

DarrelRhodes
Valued Contributor
Hi Richard,

There hasn't been any change since my last post and I don't believe this will be an update any time soon, if at all. 

It is highly unlikely a 4x4 dual-radio AP would exceed 2.5Gbps TCP data throughput in a real-world deployment. 

I would suggest if the user suspects they might hit that level of data, then consider the R850 with a 5Gbps multi-gig Ethernet port.

Regards,
Darrel.

justin_ho
New Contributor
LACP on all multi-gig-capable APs would allow me to deploy them before I upgraded my switches.

It's not about 2.5Gbps TCP data on a single link - it's about getting 2x1Gbps on a WiFi6 AP on existing switches that can only do 1Gbps per link.

tony_heung
Contributor II
For ZD 10.4.1, you can find this info from the user guide here.  I had also copied and pasted the relevant section below.  Only these three Wi-Fi 5 APs support LACP on ZD.  Wi-Fi 6 APs LACP support is something we are aiming to introduce on the SmartZone platform, if and when it does, there would be an opportunity we can port the same AP LACP support to the ZD platform.  There isn't a timeline we can share externally on this so in the mean time, worth considering our multi-gigabit switch like 7150-C10ZP.  I am using this at home and the performance is great. 

• LACP: Link Aggregation Control Protocol (LACP) is a software feature designed to aggregate multiple physical Ethernet links together into one logical link to increase collective bandwidth. This feature allows an AP whose maximum throughput exceeds that of one of its Ethernet ports to virtually bind two ports together, allowing speeds of up to 2 Gbps over the two combined 1 Gbps ports. Beginning with 802.11ac (Wave 2), the theoretical maximum throughput of an AP has increased beyond 1 Gpbs (the speed of most AP Ethernet ports). This feature is designed to circumvent the 1 Gbps speed limit imposed by the Ethernet ports. Note: LACP is currently supported on the following APs only: R610, R710 and R720.

@tony_heung is there forecast to support LACP in WiFi6?

Hi @tony_heung ,

Currently  we are using vsz E 5.2.1 and r650 still not support  for lacp.

And environment  not ready  for multi gig.