cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disable Ethernet LEDs?

dennypage
New Contributor II

I have the status LEDs disabled on our r650 and r750 access points, but is there any way to disable the Ethernet LEDs as well? The flashing lights appear quite bright in a dark room, and serve no real purpose up on the ceiling.

If there is no way to turn them off, can I put in an enhancement request in to have them turned off along side the status LEDs?

Thanks

6 REPLIES 6

sanjay_kumar
RUCKUS Team Member

Hi @dennypage 
The Ethernet LED is mainly used to identify the port physical connectivity status. And currently we do not have option to disable it.
If you want to raise a feature request, please contact your local SE who will help you to place the request.

@sanjay_kumar wrote:

The Ethernet LED is mainly used to identify the port physical connectivity status.

Mounted on the ceiling, it's really not very useful in that regard. 😉

If you want to raise a feature request, please contact your local SE who will help you to place the request.

I don't have an SE. I'm just a network engineer that happens to personally use Ruckus. How else can I raise a request?

dennypage
New Contributor II

Having these LEDs enabled poses a significant problem in a theatrical situation, or a home environment where the AP is located in a bedroom. It's been a long time since I had to cut traces to kill LEDs on an access point, and I'd rather not have to do it again. I'm currently testing with gaffer tape and hoping that it will be sufficient.

@sanjay_kumar, Is there any way I can raise the feature request as an individual? Or would you be able to raise it for me? Thanks!

dennypage
New Contributor II