cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Default settings for ipv6 caused me a problem I just discovered

mike_galbicka
New Contributor II
Has anyone else experienced this?  By default my ZD1106 has ipv6 disabled which is what I want in my environment. However also by default the system default AP group configures all AP's to use ipv4 and ipv6. I always thought since it was disabled on the ZD it wasn't a problem. That is not the case. I found that guest traffic on the isolated guest WLAN was in fact passing to devices on the work network over ipv6. The automatic firewall rules put in place on the guest network for restricted subnet access to the LAN subnets DO NOT restrict ipv6 traffic and thus it needs to be disabled on the AP by changing those group settings to ipv4 only. That SHOULD BE the default don't you think to match the ZD and prevent this problem?
12 REPLIES 12

mike_galbicka
New Contributor II
Did you try rebooting it? That works sometimes.

idxman01
New Contributor
I appreciate it. Yeah, that's what typically works. Was trying to not drive into the location this weekend if I could help it. 🙂

preston_roberts
New Contributor
idxman01- Just throwing this out there, may or may not help. I had that happen to me a month and a half ago. ZD1100 would hang up on upgrade. Went over it with tech support and they said its bad RAM. I cant upgrade the firmware anymore. However i can configure it all i want and those settings will be kept. ZD still works. Although I haven't tested out every feature to know its working 100%. We decided to go with the next line up, ZD1200.