cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cross-Channel/Adjacent Channel Interference Mitigration

jason_davis_793
Contributor
We have a high-density deployment of APs serving 200-300 clients/day. From my surveys, we have a lot of ccci and aci. What are some best practices for mitigating interference? 
11 REPLIES 11

michael_brado
Esteemed Contributor II
Use the fewest SSIDs as needed, don't locate APs too close.

jason_davis_793
Contributor
What would be considered too close? ...AP proximity seems to be very subjective. We're running tx power -8 for 5ghz and -3 for 2.4 (only corner APs) to mitigate the ap proximity issue.

dionis_taveras
Contributor II
JasonD,

Well, you started well by using Ruckus, assuming that's the case.  With 2-300 clients density, you shouldn't have too much of a problem with Ruckus APs.  As stated by Michael, positioning the APs with a bit of distance in between and ensuring that structures are well defined, as in making sure there are no metal walls, elevators or things of that nature that could cause you issues AND utilizing as few SSIDs as possible is a great way to start. 

Ruckus APs are very effective at mitigating interference and are used in some of the highest density environments in the world today.  You will be pleasantly surprised as to how well they operate once deployed.

Have fun. 

jason_davis_793
Contributor
Thanks, Dionis. They're deployed and in production, I'm working on optimizing our deployment. I've been using a netscout aircheck g2 for quick testing and it keeps throwing errors for cci and aci. I want to make sure I'm not overlooking anything.