cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Converting an R500 AP to Unleashed R500

steve_rosenthal
New Contributor II
I see posts that are 2 years old on this topic - so I am looking for affirmation that this is a pretty straight forward push of the unleashed code to a standalone R500. My scenario is is: I have a user with a single R500 in need of additional coverage, I plan to add a single R510 unleashed AP and then convert the stand alone unit to unleashed - creating a seamless WLAN. What are the 'gotchas' I need to be aware of? Appreciate the help!
18 REPLIES 18

steve_rosenthal
New Contributor II
I believe active support is required. Can someone confirm?

According to tech support I just flash the firmware and I'm good to go. They didn't mention anything about active support. Am I wrong? I kinda need to know before I flash. Ha

You can flash any  AP by appropriate unleashed firmware and use it, no limitations. If you later want updates on Unleashed, you can buy unleashed support (one support license for all unleashed network). To download unleashed software you need access to support site, so support contract (for any Ruckus product)  really helps.

Hi Chris,

You should concidering purchase the Unleashed support, as just in case if you want to report any issue to Ruckus support, an active support contract for the reported device is mendatory (except hardware replacement. *T&C applicable).

Regards,
Syamantak Omer

Syamantak Omer
Sr.Staff TSE | CWNA | CCNA | RCWA | RASZA | RICXI
RUCKUS Networks, CommScope!
Follow me on LinkedIn