cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connectivity issues after firmware upgrade from 200.5.x to 200.6.x

dejan_timpfelj
New Contributor II
We have a small Unleashed network of 5 R500 AP's that is covering our company Wi-Fi network needs. The setup is using VLAN's, but is quite basic:
   - Management (untagged VLAN, no access to internet, no DHCP)
   - Company Wi-Fi (VLAN 20, own subnet, Dynamic PSK authentication)
   - Guest Wi-Fi (VLAN 300, own subnet, Static PSK)

All AP's are in the same LAN, network infrastructure is relatively new and we do not experience any issues with network connectivity.

The system was running great up to the point I did an upgrade from R500_200.5.10.0.291 to R500_200.6.10.1.312. The upgrade went rather good, but after the upgrade I experienced connection speed issues on my laptop. The laptop was connecting to the Wi-Fi with no issue, but the traffic ran normally only on Master AP, on all other AP's I noticed hudge packet loss on ping's to internal and external IP's, internet network came down to a crawl. The symptoms are similar to this topic, the only difference is that I am not using RADIUS on my network.

https://forums.ruckuswireless.com/ruckuswireless/topics/r500-slow-troughput-high-latency-high-packet...

I ended up downgrading back to R500_200.5.10.0.291m which meant that all AP's automatically reset to factory default. Restoring from backup did not hurt too much and now I have a system that is running as expected.

I would like to keep up to date with the firmware, so if somebody has any idea or knowledge of a well known bug, please let me know what I can do, so the system will be working normally on R500_200.6.10.1.312 firmware version.

Best regards
Dejan

4 REPLIES 4

DarrelRhodes
Valued Contributor
Hi Dejan,

Thanks for the detailed description of the issue.

My recommendation would be to raise a ticket with Ruckus support, with the above description.

Regards,
Darrel.

dejan_timpfelj
New Contributor II
Hello Darrel

We are not an IT shop and require Ruckus gear to take care of our internal Wi-Fi traffic. We decided to go for professional Wi-Fi gear because security, stability and performance consideration. Since we don't need cutting edge or advanced features, we decided not to purchase additional support, which is required to open tickets to Ruckus support.

The intention of the initial post is to gather additional information from the community about the upper issue and to give feedback about the issues that we are experiencing on field. If someone is willing to pick this up I am prepared to offer testing ground for replicating and debugging the issue on our site. If not, we are (for now) quite happy to be running the R500_200.5.10.0.291 which is working fine for us.

Best regards
Dejan

Hi Dejan,

I would like to assist you investigating this issue. Please share your contact details.

Regards,
Prado

Hello Prado

Excellent. You can contact me on dejan.stimpfelj@gmail.com.

Best regards
Dejan