cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Clinets Randomly Disconnect

leo_gharapetian
New Contributor II
We have multiple (3) sites, all with brand new (as of 2018) Ruckus equipment. All sites have a ZD1200 and 5-10 APs (R510s). All sites are experiencing the same problem.
The client randomly disconnects, even when the user is not roaming. 100% of the time it disconnects when the user is roaming.

I tried enabling smart-roam and testing settings of SM-3 and SM-6 but the problem persists. [guide I used]

ZD 1200 (FW: 10.1.1.0 build 42) on all sites.

Here is a video of what happens. You have to watch it on full screen to see the MAC top tool bar.

The problem happens on every network device, regardless of OS/manufacturer.
Since it is happening at all sites, I assume this is a config issue but so far support has not been able to solve it. To make matters worse, their entire support network is down today.

Configuration:
AP:
Screen 1
Screen 2

WLAN:
Screen 1
Screen 2
Screen 3
Screen 4

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank You,
Leo

13 REPLIES 13

andrew_giancol1
Contributor III
i'd look also at the type of Clients you're supporting. we had this same issue due to a single unpatched Surface Pro 3 which had been put on the wireless networks at one of our sites. Due to an established issue with ADDR beaconing or something, this guy kept kicking everyone off my wireless. 
Question: does this happen all in the same Vlan? I agree with setting your APs in 'Edge' mode, you might be losing the LWAPP/CAPWAP tunnel, thusly dropping all clients (limitation of your ZD1200)

Hi, we are all on iphones/Mac. Multiple VLANS. This happens on all Vlans. Removing ZD is not an option.

hyosang_choi
Valued Contributor
Is there using channel-fly?

If channel-fly was enabled, try to disable it.

no channel-fly.

robert_lowe_722
Contributor III
As per Alex, I would turn off 802.11r for sure. I would also probably try turning off CAC too.

Then i would take it back to basics and disable some of the AP's to only leave 2 active, then do a packet capture of a client who is connected to AP1 and would be expected to roam to AP 2. Capture would be on the channel of AP2 (would probably limit to 1 frequency band too so you are confident you will get the capture. 

Really you need to see what the client is doing after it decides it needs to roam from its current AP.