cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Client Disconnection Issue

narender_singh_
New Contributor
Anyone aware of client disconnection in 802.11ac access point specially in case of Andriod devices and RA Link Wireless network cards. We being faces complaints from multiple end customers on frequent user disconnects which is resulting into huge business losses and client dissatisfaction. We being following up with local Ruckus team but situation remains same.
4 REPLIES 4

john_d
Valued Contributor II
Are you using ChannelFly or SmartRoam for sticky clients? In my experience I've found those two features to be the biggest culprit in unexpected client disconnects. For troubleshooting, I'd recommend setting some static channel assignments, and disabling any sticky client roaming workarounds you may have turned on (SmartRoam is off by default, but ChannelFly may be on by default depending on your configuration settings in the initial setup)

prado_prado
New Contributor III
Are those 802.11ac access points managed by SZ/ZD or Stand-alone? Have controller upgrade to latest stable release.
Create Separate SSID for RA Link Wireless NIC and have no smart roam and try static channel. Try Background scanning and also try with Static channels.
It is important to understand who initiating the dissassoc (either AP or Client).

leo_gharapetian
New Contributor II
Hi, were you able to resolve this? We are experiencing this on 3 different sites.

leo_gharapetian
New Contributor II
Hi, were you able to resolve this? We are experiencing this on 3 different sites.