cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ceiling vs Wall mount for 7982?

pinkie_bunny
New Contributor II
Ceiling vs Wall mount for 7982? What is the optimal position and where can we see full radiation pattern map for its antenna array? Since overhead mount in the centre of the space to be covered is seldom an option for my case, just how much do I lose with a wall mount and what to look for in such deployment scenarios?
For example Cisco explicitly states not to use integrated antenna models as wall mounts, but to use ext. antennas positioned flat up and down the wall. I see no warning in Ruckus manual but I guess you can't have optimal beam in both of these cases?
21 REPLIES 21

keith_redfield
Valued Contributor II
We ship those antenna patterns with our mapping product and don't really have them in digestible format otherwise, but I'll see if I can find something (it's been on my todo list for a while). I believe the image here is the 5Ghz elevation

Keith: Did you "find something?"

pinkie_bunny
New Contributor II
Thank you very much, you have been of much help. I'll consider getting special mounts (or having them made) that keep AP horizontal for situations where ceiling mount is not available and such pattern is not optimal for coverage.

ray_eads
New Contributor II
http://www.homedepot.com/p/Closet-Pro...

Works well for wall mount for $4. Install it "upside down".

jon_prouty
New Contributor II
Ray, does that bracket work with the ceiling rail mount on the back of the ap? That would be so cool! Thanks!