Hi, we have 2 ZoneFlex R600 dual band AP's (9U1-R600-XX00), we are not using DHCP on the access points, but the border router is doing DHCP. Most mac's, iphones and windows devices work fine. We have a handful (about 5 out of 70) machines that just cannot get an IP via the wireless network. Sometimes if I disconnect/reconnect and disable/enable their adapters it works, but other times nothing works. If they connect via wired they get IP no problem every time, if they connect to other wireless networks they work fine. If I try to do ipconfig /renew, i get an error. Any ideas?
We have had similar issues since replacing our ZF7363 access points with R710 access points and upgrading to 9.13. It only appears to affect Windows devices, and is very random. iOS, Android, and ChromeOS devices do not seem to have the issue. A restart of the device typically resolves the issues but wastes time. We are using WPA2.
Ok, I seem to have made some progress on this one....Enable Force DHCP, disconnect client if client does not obtain valid IP in (this setting is in Wifi, advanced, other... I had this down to 10 seconds, this was my problem with some windows devices, if I set higher then they seem to go away, but if I set too high then folks that hibernate and come back dont re-ip fast enough and they have to manually disconnect and reconnect....I am now at 23 seconds, will update with progress... I am going to try to trim down until the windoze folks say uncle.