cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can you do 2.4Ghz only on one SSID and another SSID on 5.8Ghz only?

gene_baker_7480
New Contributor II
I'm using a ZoneDirector 1200 with a R710, R700 and a T300 at one site. The customer is using 5.8g only for access and it is working great. I wanted to create a second SSID on 2.4g for guests and 2.4g only devices but I do not want the second SSID to be on 5.8g, is this possible? Thanks in advance for any help. Gene
5 REPLIES 5

sid_sok
Contributor II
Create a new wlan group (call it production-24GHz) that only has the 2.4 GHz wlan and any other wlans you want to be broadcast of the 2.4 GHz radio checked, then in the AP/AP group, use the wlan group override option and select the new wlan group for the 2.4 GHz radio.

Sid

gene_baker_7480
New Contributor II
Thanks For the quick response Sid, One question, what are you calling the AP/AP group? Yes, I'm new to Ruckus, this is my first setup......

Gene

sid_sok
Contributor II
You can apply the new wlan group to individual AP or to an AP group.  You can find it/them in Configure>Access Point, you can edit the individual AP or edit an AP group and apply that change there.

Hi Sid,

can you give step by step tutorial? cos I can't find in support ruckus documentation for this case.
I'm new in ruckus too and I have same problem too. Thanks