cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't switch users from open SSID to secured one easily.

sheldon_lefkowi
New Contributor III
This is so odd. 

High school campus. Due to a certificate error on the network over the summer, we had to set up an open SSID for students. Once they reached the network, a new cert would come down and then most machines will automatically switch to our preferred, secured network pushed out by GPO.

That works fine with our Ruckus 7363 AP's. But....anyplace we have a newer 600,we have issues. If I turn off broadcasting the temp SSID, machine go correctly to the regular WLan. No one even connects to the temp SSID! But if I just turn it off completely, (disabling that SSID)  every machine fails and never switches. It's only these newer AP's with this issue. Note the 7363's are using an 1100 ZD; the 600's are on a 1200ZD with newer firmware. 

I can't find a setting on the new ZD that could cause this behavior. Any suggestions?
11 REPLIES 11

sheldon_lefkowi
New Contributor III
No luck. Still have the same issues. I'm really at a loss with this.

sheldon_lefkowi
New Contributor III
Opened a case. I was told this could be caused by the cache on the ZD still being in place and that I can clear it via a reboot. I did so and then disabled the temp SSID. That did not fix the problem. I had to re-enable the temp SSID so that users would auto switch to the regular SSID as usual!

sheldon_lefkowi
New Contributor III

Updating this post;

I worked with Support for several days. Ultimately, we updated the firmware to the current version and made a few small configuration changes, including removing the temp SSID so that no leftover settings would exist.

This solved the problem I was having and we are now back to normal operations.

seanmuir
Contributor III
Just a stab in the dark, have you recently upgraded from one firnware to another on the 1200 as I have seen certain WLANs lock out clients sometimes on upgrade and what you have to do is delete the WLAN and then recreate it again for clients to be able to be able to connect - juts changing the config does nothing at all.

sheldon_lefkowi
New Contributor III
Actually, the upgrade solved the problem. See my note above. Thanks for the tip.