cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't Join 7782 to ZoneDirector 1100

mark_stallsmith
New Contributor
Just got my equipment yesterday but can't get APs to join. Spoke to support and suggested I update ZoneDirector to 9.5.2 which I have done, no difference. Automatically approve is enable but still no go. Can't find anything in documentation that helps.
8 REPLIES 8

rahul_koul
Contributor
ZF 7782 is only supported from version 9.5.1 and above so kindly do not downgrade your ZD to 9.4.0. I will suggest opening a case with Ruckus TAC for this before proceeding any further.

steekyjim
New Contributor II
I have the same issue as chad. Was anybody ever able to get this resolved? If so, how?

The 7782 access points were working perfectly on their own. But as soon as I connected the ZoneDirector to our network it said "upgrading firmware" beside those access points in the ZD user interface. Now the access points wont stay on. They are constantly going in and out of ping and the wifi goes on and off, making the AP's unusable.

Do I need to upgrade the firmware on the just the ZoneDirector or also on the APs?

I really hope the ZoneDirector didnt brick the access points.

keith_redfield
Valued Contributor II
Sorry for the troubles. This is documented in the release notes and install guides for the 7782. If after upgrading the ZoneDirector to 9.5.1 or higher, the APs don't recover, open a support case for an RMA (in some cases we may be able to recover them with a remote session).

eizens_putnins
Valued Contributor II
obviously you can't expect ZF7782 to connect to ZD1100 having software 9.4.3, when minimum version supporting this AP iz 9.5.1. So you probably have to upgrade ZD to current software (9.6.2 will be the best), factory reset APs and try to connect them. You also need DHCP server on the network to provide IP addressing.
If APs still doesn't join ZD, try to connect to them through SSH (IP address you can find from DHCP server log by AP MAC), using default username/password super/sp-admin, and add command director IP X.X.X.X. Than everything must happen.
If still in problem -- ask support. But it really makes sense to read Release notes before installation (for example, if you have redundant configuration of ZD1100 you can brick secondary ZD if not fallow proceeding in upgrade manual).
Hope it helps,
Eizens