cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bridge P300 can't connect root to non-root bridge

jens_westermann
New Contributor II
Hi,

our brandnew P300 bridges just arrived. Unfortunately I can't get a connection from root to the non-root bridge. SSID and passphrase are equal, each bridge was configured via laptop before connecting them to our network. What is odd: I made a factory default on both devices and the values should be the same after a factory default IMHO. They aren't, SSID and passphrase is different on both devices, also the RTS/CTS Threshold is at "1024" on one device, "1048575" on the other one.
As the devices are in my office, I set the transmit power to "Minimum" and the distance to the lowest value "1 km".

In the log of the non-root bridge I find entries like "wiredm_pick_wired_vs_wireless: Disqualified proposed_uplink b/c gw_detected=1".

Also tried to configure root bridge as non-root bridge and vice versa. Doesn't work either.

Firmware is the latest 100.1.0.9.43, tried to "upgrade" with the same version again with no effect.

Tested with a pair of ZF7731 successfully before.

Any ideas?

Regards,
Jens
4 REPLIES 4

michael_brado
Esteemed Contributor II
You have the GA (only) release firmware for the P300 bridges.

If you have factory defaulted, you'll need to connect a PC/laptop and reconfigure them both
according to the Getting Started Guide info:

https://support.ruckuswireless.com/documents/802-zoneflex-p300-release-100-1-0-9-43-getting-started-...

The differing RTS/CTS values sound like different Distance settings? 
A mis-match that affects ACK timing might cause the problems you're having.

jens_westermann
New Contributor II
Hi Michael,

thanks for your reply. Problem solved, I think it was the ZF7731 which were connected to our network before. I configured the non-root bridge again after a factory reset at a notebook separated from our network, then connected to our network again. Works. My assumption: MAC address of the ZF7731 root bridge was still stored in address table of our switch. So the P300 tried to use this old entry as a gateway which failed as the ZF7731 wasn't there anymore.

If so, should be corrected in P300 firmware?

Regards,
Jens

michael_brado
Esteemed Contributor II
Resetting/Rebooting APs cleared things on our side, but P300 MAC shouldn't appear as old zf7731 MAC to your switch(es).
Maybe a reboot of the switch(es) when you swapped the bridge components might have updated their tables too.  Thanks
for letting us know its working now.

chris_filz
New Contributor
I've had exactly the same problem, with every single P300 pair that I have installed so far (around 7-8 now).  Basically they just eventually connect, you just have to leave them for a day or two sometimes...  Craziness I know.  I have spoken to Ruckus Support about this and they have said its a known/reported bug that will be fixed in next firmware...