cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bandwidth drop on 802.1x

mudassir_zaheer
New Contributor II
HI 

i am facing bandwidth drop issue in my network with 802.1x enable SSID only. 

Device in my Network: 

1- Zone Director 
2- Access Point R500
3- Cisco Switch 2960
4- Cisco ACS for Radius

Problem: 

i have observed that when wireless client disconnect from the 802.1x SSID multiple time, they face low bandwidth and continuously working on low bandwidth unless you disconnect the user again for stable bandwidth. 

other clients on the same AP and same SSID working fine with no bandwidth issue,  even client connected to Open SSID not facing any bandwidth related issue. 

Thanks 
3 REPLIES 3

urichards
New Contributor II
Hi Medi, 

So sorry to hear you're having trouble with this!

To clarify, you're able to have other wireless clients connect to the SSID with 802.1X enabled on it, and they work fine with the exception of this single client that is having issues with throughput? 

What kind of device is the client that is experiencing this trouble?
How far away is the client from the AP?
Are you able to post any additional information about the client's SNR, power levels (signal), and type of radio it's using? e.g. ac/n/g/b/a? Is this on 5Ghz, or 2.4Ghz?  
How many APs are deployed in your environment this is happening in?  1 or more?

Have you attempted to connect this same troublesome client to an SSID that is not using 802.1X a few times to test, and if so, does the issue persist?  

Please let me know this information, and I'll be happy to work with you toward a resolution.

Kind regards,

U.

mudassir_zaheer
New Contributor II

Hi U. Richards

Thanks for your post please find my answer below:

To clarify, you're able to have other wireless clients connect to the SSID with 802.1X enabled on it, and they work fine with the exception of this single client that is having issues with throughput? 

Mudassir: no it is not happening with any single or specify device, it is random problem with random client on access Points.

According to my diagnoses, it is only happening with those clients who tried multiple attempts for authentication. I have generated that issue by disconnecting clients two or three time (generated problem on window 7 and android device).

What kind of device is the client that is experiencing this trouble?

Mudassir: Any Device (windows, IOS, Android etc)

How far away is the client from the AP?

Mudassir: not dependent on the RSSI, even client with better RSSI (-50) facing issue.  

Are you able to post any additional information about the client's SNR, power levels (signal), and type of radio it's using? e.g. ac/n/g/b/a? Is this on 5Ghz, or 2.4Ghz?  

Mudassir: both bands facing bandwidth drop issue.

How many APs are deployed in your environment this is happening in?  1 or more?

Mudassir: 4x Access Point on single floor    (200 devices on floor)
                3x Floor of building

urichards
New Contributor II
Hi Medi,

Thank you very much for your prompt reply!

I will need some time to further research this odd issue for you. 

Do you happen to have any logs you may be able to provide that could help shed some light on the technical details of when this happens?

Please feel free to sanitize the logs as you see fit before posting.

Kind regards,