cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Airprint not working on R500 / R510 unleashed

glenn_james_l2n
New Contributor II
Ever since we switched from rubbish consumer WAPs to Ruckus Unleashed (3x R510, 1x R500), I have never been able to get AirPrint working. It used to work fine with the old WAPs but no matter what I do, it just doesn't work with the Unleashed setup. I have read numerous support threads and tried things like bonjour gateway (which I don't think we would need?), made sure client isolation if off etc but it just does not work.

Can somebody help me please? I've setup numerous Wi-Fi network including Ubiquiti Unifi, Netgear, Ruckus ZoneDirector, Meraki, Cisco but for the life of me, I just can't get unleashed to play nicely.

Help!
10 REPLIES 10

phil_coverdale_
New Contributor III
Hi Glenn,

I suggest disabling SmartCast.

From the CLI, go into the enable menu, then config, then the WLAN that you're having the issue on. From here, you should enter the command to disable directed multicast.
Here's an example:

enable [ENTER]

config [ENTER]

wlan [ENTER]

no qos directed-multicast [ENTER]

qos directed-threshold 0 [ENTER]

Regards,

Phil.

glenn_james_l2n
New Contributor II
Hi Phil,

Thanks for your help.

I made the changes as you suggested but I am still getting a  'No AirPrint printers found' message on the iPads. Is there anything else I can try please?

Glenn

phil_coverdale_
New Contributor III
Hi Glenn,

Which version of Unleashed software are you running?
There's further info here:
https://forums.ruckuswireless.com/ruckuswireless/topics/igmp-snooping-and-directed-multicast-on-unle...

Regards,

Phil.

glenn_james_l2n
New Contributor II
We are running 200.7.10.102.64.

I've looked at the article in the link but not really sure what I'm looking at?