cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adding AP to VSz

wes_jones_ehr6l
New Contributor

I have an R510 with firmware 114.0.0.0.1360 connected to our VSz controller (VMWare) The VSz and all the other APs are version 5.1.2.0.373. The new AP says 'Online' and has and IP address in the range of the others but has no traffic and channels are 'N/A'

I am guessing i need to change the firmware for it to connect correctly, how would i do that for a single AP?

Thanks

WJ

9 REPLIES 9

Can I just 'arbitrarily' add a new zone and drag the offending AP into it? What will decide what version the Zone firmware is?

WJ

Hi, I've got exactly the same problem : my new AP is integrated in my AP Zone vSZ but the firmware don't auto-update and I cant use it.

My vSZ firmware is 5.1.2 and the firmware of the AP is 114.0.0. Have you fixed your problem wes_jones ?

I did...looking for my notes.;) My issue was that the firmware on the R510 was too new - I forget what version but I had to downgrade the AP and then it connected ok. 

Had nothing to do with zones. 

I will keep looking, see if I can find the exact instructions

wes

From Ruckus support:

Attached - R510_104_0_0_0_1347_bl7 (my link isnt good anymore)

Hi Wes,

Thank you for creating a Service Request with the Ruckus wireless Services Team. My name is Karthikeyan Ramesh, and I have taken the ownership of assisting you further with this case.

As per the case description, I understand that AP is not updating the FW. 

I have attached the 104 stands alone FW of the AP kindly up upgrade the AP to the 104 version and then connect to the controller.

Regards,

Karthikeyan Ramesh | Senior Technical Support Engineer COMMSCOPE

nilesh_kahar
New Contributor II

I had similar issue with one of the T300 AP which I upgraded to solo image 104.x but it was not able to download firmware from vSZ so Ruckus support suggested to have latest solo image 110.x which eventually solved the issue & there after AP was able to download vSZ firmware & configuration.

HTH,
Nilesh Kahar.