cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AP WENT FROM MESH TO ROOT

Patty
New Contributor

After icx 7150 switch reconnected, my ap went to root.   I have one master and one ap root. previously, I had one master one mesh.  concerned my wifi network it not as strong

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

sanjay_kumar
RUCKUS Team Member

Hi @Patty 
I believe you mean after installing the ICX your AP went from Root to MESH?
If yes, meaning that that AP is not able to reach the gateway IP from the eth port, possibly ICX or somewhere the communication is blocking. If you identify this problem then the AP will revert back to Root AP.

View solution in original post

Orlando_Elias
RUCKUS Team Member

Patty, when your AP goes to Root it means the AP is able to reach the default gateway through the wired uplink, hence, Mesh is not required in that AP.

Remember Mesh is used only when the APs don't have a wired path towards the default gateway.

With regards,
--
Orlando Elias
Technical Support

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

sanjay_kumar
RUCKUS Team Member

Hi @Patty 
I believe you mean after installing the ICX your AP went from Root to MESH?
If yes, meaning that that AP is not able to reach the gateway IP from the eth port, possibly ICX or somewhere the communication is blocking. If you identify this problem then the AP will revert back to Root AP.

Patty
New Contributor

It's currently a root AP.  it used to be a Mesh AP

Orlando_Elias
RUCKUS Team Member

Patty, when your AP goes to Root it means the AP is able to reach the default gateway through the wired uplink, hence, Mesh is not required in that AP.

Remember Mesh is used only when the APs don't have a wired path towards the default gateway.

With regards,
--
Orlando Elias
Technical Support