cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AP Health High Latency Flag

william_marion
New Contributor

Hello,

We often see code 328 pop-up for latency health crossing the threshold, then later a code 332 when latency drops back below the threshold. What I am trying to understand is where this latency warning is coming from. Is this latency from the AP to the device caused by interference or range issues or does it indicate a problem with the AP itself?

Any insight is greatly appreciated.

Thank you

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

syamantakomer
Community Admin
Community Admin

Hi William,

Latency could be due to many reasons.

First of all, controller monitors the stats of RF from all the APs and depending upon the threshold value, it raised the flags.

It shows you the environment of those AP and AP stats at present. By default flags are set to medium sensitivity with medium threshold. This may not be appropriate for all the deployment like if its a big network with multiple AP and high density setup.

Change the sensitivity of flags (set to low) and threshold as well (to high), depending upon how tightly your APs are deployed.

And no, its not a problem on the AP.

Syamantak Omer
Sr.Staff TSE | CWNA | CCNA | RCWA | RASZA | RICXI
RUCKUS Networks, CommScope!
Follow me on LinkedIn

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

syamantakomer
Community Admin
Community Admin

Hi William,

Latency could be due to many reasons.

First of all, controller monitors the stats of RF from all the APs and depending upon the threshold value, it raised the flags.

It shows you the environment of those AP and AP stats at present. By default flags are set to medium sensitivity with medium threshold. This may not be appropriate for all the deployment like if its a big network with multiple AP and high density setup.

Change the sensitivity of flags (set to low) and threshold as well (to high), depending upon how tightly your APs are deployed.

And no, its not a problem on the AP.

Syamantak Omer
Follow me on LinkedIn

@syamantak_omer 

Thank you for the answer. Just to confirm, the latency is measured from AP to device(s) right?

Hi William,

Yes, but it is not specific to one client but overcall for entire radio.

This occurs when the AP radio has crossed the latency health threshold configured by the administrator.

Syamantak Omer
Follow me on LinkedIn

Hi, i have a question.

I understand latency value is from AP to device (average for entire radio), and its not a problem on the AP, but...would that shows me that i have a problem on wireless (service)? is there a threshold recommended for environment with high density?

For example i have an AP with threshold latency=150 ms... dashboard shows me the flag with latency=550 ms, is this an indicative that the users presents slow connections?