cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2 ZD1100 on Same Network - Configuration QUestion

central_park
New Contributor II
I have one ZD1112 + 12 @ 7363s currently running on my network at my hotel.

I have a  ZD1125 + 12 additional 7363s that were intended for another hotel but they turned out not to be needed.

I want to extend the coverage in my first hotel to get rid of some dead zones.

I am planning to put the ZD1125 onto my network and install the 12  additional 7363APs. that I have in order to accomplish that.

What I want to do is plug in the ZD1125 to the existing network and add the new APs to it. But I want all the new APs to appear as if they are part of the same existing WLAN that is on the other ZD1112.

There is only one WLAN on the other ZD with 12 APs on it. Working fine.

Is there a way to configure the ZD1125 so that when I plug it in and add the new APs they act as part of the original WLAN on the first ZD1112?

Both ZDs are Version 9.4

Thanks for any help
7 REPLIES 7

central_park
New Contributor II

Thank you very much for assistance.

In fact the scenario you have outlined sounds perfect.

I can install the ZD1125 on the network and I can then reboot my EXISTING APs one at a time, at which point they will attach to the ZD1125 instead of the ZD1112.

I can remove the ZD1112 from the network and maintain it as my spare

Then I can just add the new APs one at a time and they will just automatically attach to the only ZD on the network (which will be the 1125).

Does that sound correct? And it seems as if the only outages will be as I reboot each individual AP until it reattaches to the new ZD?

monnat_systems
Valued Contributor II
Hello Central park team,

Please see my response inline:

I can install the ZD1125 on the network and I can then reboot my EXISTING APs one at a time, at which point they will attach to the ZD1125 instead of the ZD1112.

Yes, you can start with two networks existing APs with ZD1112 and new AP's with ZD1125 and when you are ready then you can SSH into exisiting AP's one by one and run command earlier suggested. it will make them report to new ZD and join it.

I can remove the ZD1112 from the network and maintain it as my spare. 

Correct.

Then I can just add the new APs one at a time and they will just automatically attach to the only ZD on the network (which will be the 1125).

Does that sound correct? And it seems as if the only outages will be as I reboot each individual AP until it reattaches to the new ZD?

Yes. you are correct.

central_park
New Contributor II
Thank you. In general it seems to working but I am now having a problem with meshing. But I will start a separate post for that. Thanks again.