cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iPad reauthentication issue...

jason_barath
New Contributor
we have wi-fi setup at work using a zone director, and use guest access, with a hidden SSID, WPA-2 personal, and shared password. It is also setup so that the user must click on a terms and conditions page before using the Wi-Fi. This authentication expires after 8 hours.

Most of our devices have no issues, but most of our iPads seem to have this issue where, once they go to sleep, and the user turns the device on again, they have to re-authenticate every time.

Is there a way to prevent this behavior?

thanks,
jb
37 REPLIES 37

This is a great conversation that's separate from the main topic, so I created a new topic to continue the discussion. Please reference the new topic here: How can I tell if a client is connected with 5ghz or 2.4ghz and when they roam be...

robert_11
New Contributor II
Not sure if it's related or not but I have had regular laptop users having to re-authenticate as well. The issue seemed to be related to Channel Fly on the 5ghz band. I turned off channel fly and the problem went away. I replied to this topic as well. https://forums.ruckuswireless.com/ruc...

keith_jones_594
New Contributor II
We had this problem when we upgraded from 9.6.1.0.15 to 9.7..220. We downgraded back to 9.6.1.0.15 and the problem went away. We also use the Guest Access setting and tried all of those things mentioned above with no luck.

We opened a service ticket prior to the downgrade and have updated the ticket with the latest results. Waiting for a response....

michael_brado
Esteemed Contributor II
With regard to iPad re-authentication issues related to HotSpot or Guest Access WLANs, do increase the grace period (not found on non-webauth WLANs), and
also check Auto-Join and Auto-Login option under the WLAN profile on the iPads.

Image_ images_messages_5f91c414135b77e247951c3d_f30b668c1aae8dababf4ac4815793be7_rtaImage_inline-c1245677-b65c-4da3-811c-7239ab6de027-1697807528.png1399413049

bas_sanders
New Contributor III
@Primož Marinšek, we have seen similar results but noticed that both iPhones and iPads act differently when they are connected to a powersource.

My iPhone disconnects as soon as the phone enters 'standby mode'. As soon as i enable my phone it will reconnect.