cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to upgrade single standalone 7363 AP?

justin_donaldso
New Contributor
Current firmware is 8.2 Using the web, tftp or ftp options do not work. They receive an a timeout error reading the control file
2 REPLIES 2

max_o_driscoll
Valued Contributor
There's a long thread about upgrading firmware for 7363 standalone

https://forums.ruckuswireless.com/ruc...

I know that you often want a short succint answer but the old thread covers a lot of ground and might be helpful as a starting point.

=====
The very last reply talks about how to check the control file contents agree with f/w and how to create your own control file.
=====

primoz_marinsek
Valued Contributor
If you can't find a ZD with FW 9 or higher to have it upgrade the AP there are things you can try. First try changing the FTP server. I think you've got the fwupdate.ruckuswireless.com server there. Change that to fwupdate1.ruckuswireless.com (notice the 1)

If that doesn't work. I'd suggest you download the FW from the RW page, start a TFTP server on your LAN and upgrade it that way. You'll need a control file. I don't know exactly how these look like for ZoneFlex but if you go by how MediaFlex controll file looked like it would be something like below.

[rcks_fw.main]
zf7363_9.7.0.0.220.Bl7

[rcks_fw.bkup]
same as above

First you specified the TFTP servers address
then the name of the file to be uploaded
then the size of the file in bits

Save that in a fwcntrl7363.rcks file or similar. I've never updated a ZF AP this was, but I guess it should work.