Did you mean: 

does ruckus work with Gmail and if it does how to setup

bruce_roberston
New Contributor
have used the setup with
me@nothere.com
smtp.gmail.com
port 587

username me@nothere.com (accualy used my gmail account)
passsword
passsword
tls checked and start tls checked

and it don't work
3 REPLIES 3

michael_brado
Esteemed Contributor II
KBA-3399 says:

The GmailSMTP server settings for sending mail through Gmail from any email program are:
• Gmail SMTP serveraddress:smtp.gmail.com

• Gmail SMTP user name: Your full Gmail address (e.g. example@gmail.com)

• Gmail SMTP password: Your Gmail password

• Gmail SMTP port (TLS): 587

• Gmail SMTP TLS/SSL required: yes

...and does your ISP permit SMTP and TLS protocol/port 587?

Here are the settings that worked within the ZD Configure / System section:

[ User-added image ]

There are times when one has 2-step security verification enabled in your gmail account. The above parameters will not work if one has 2-step verification security enabled. To make it work, disable 2 step verification or go to the Account settings option of your gmail. Within the Account options, select Security. Within Security, select the 2-step verification settings. Then log in and select the App Specific Passwords section tab. Then click on the Manage 'Application-specific passwords' tab. There the SW will generate a password for you to use in the SMTP Authentication password section.

monnat_systems
Valued Contributor II
Hi Michael Brado,

I was able to make the Alarm Email Notification with gmail work with test sucess and emails too however with one change - SMTP Authentication Username i used was "without" @gmail.com. for me 2-step verification was disabled.

Here is the screenshot: http://prntscr.com/548fp3

Please note i am using ZD1000 with Version - 9.3.4.0 build 21 and not sure if something changed after the firmware version i used

best of luck.

macservicecente
New Contributor

I want to set up my Gmail account with the ruckus. I have the same question that is it possible or not. Please help me to resolve this issue. If anyone cannot Recover Gmail Password then they can check their mail to reset password link.