cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

client authentication issues

jean_opperman
New Contributor II
I have a couple of clients not able to connect to a wireless network from the Ruckus. They can connect to other networks fine, and other laptops connect to the network fine.
Setup is: Ruckus ZoneDirector1106 with 9.10.1.0 build 59 with two AP's.
The problem clients have different operating systems.
If I duplicate the network and change the authentication from 802.1x-eap to 'open' the clients can connect.

Please assist. 
15 REPLIES 15

jean_opperman
New Contributor II
I have a couple windows 10 machines that can connect without issues.

simon_b_hrer_73
New Contributor III
There was a Update for Windows 10 at the end of november which has changed the default TLS-Version. Maybe some of your clients don't have this update, so there won't be a problem. As already said, I'm not pretty sure about that, it's just a suggestion.

Did you try to connect with several users on the same machine?

jean_opperman
New Contributor II
Thanks for the suggestion. That was my thinking also, but I couldn't find any update that seemed to make a difference. Updates are run automatically, and if they were released in November I doubt that they would still not have run, but I will confirm this.
I did try to connect with several different users on the same machine. All those users can connect fine on my machine on the same connection.

simon_b_hrer_73
New Contributor III
Okay, did you try to connect with different users on a non-connecting machine also?

Have you already tried to Update your controllers Firmware and tested that again?

jean_opperman
New Contributor II
Yes, yes and yes. 🙂 9.10.1.0 build 59 is the latest firmware as far as I can tell.