cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

bug fixes to zonedirector software

ray_eads
New Contributor II
Has anyone here contacted Ruckus Tech Support with a bug report? What was your experience? Were you asked to pay for the bug to be fixed?
3 REPLIES 3

keith_redfield
Valued Contributor II
Hi Ray,

I have the backstory to your question. The technical support engineer you spoke with did not accurately reflect our policy.

Access to bugfixes does require either a current support contract or a product still under software warranty, but that is the only requirement. And even there we make allowance for security vulnerabilities by making at least the oldest codefix available on demand to anyone impacted.

What bugs are fixed and by when is a complex dance between us (support) , our product managers and our engineering team. So we would not be able to provide a target release for a fix until that dance was complete. For some bugs, especially cosmetic or low impact - the answer could be effectively never (and this is true for all technology product vendors).

New features being requested can be expedited,, but that's not through direct payment, but usually by sales commitments (i.e. "we'll buy 10,000 AP's if you do X by Y"). Again this is common practice in the industry.

I hope this clarifies our policies. Let me know if you have any other questions.

ray_eads
New Contributor II
Keith, thanks for the additional info.

I believe this is my first time contacting Tech Support, so I was surprised at the policy. Just to be clear, the response from Tech Support was excellent.

In my particular case, the actual bug is so minor (P4) that I don't need a target date.

keith_redfield
Valued Contributor II
Great, glad to hear it!