cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zoneflex 7731 Throughput

teza_han
New Contributor II
Just installed four 7731 radios to connect to our remote office. We needed to put two of them at a location in the middle since we did not have line of sight. At that location, the two radios are patched using a cat6 cable and each of them is pointed towards the main office and the remote office respectively.

From the main office to the middle location, we get 90 Mbps using the speed flex tool. From the remote office to the middle location, we get 195 Mbps.

However, when we copy files from the server at the main site to the remote location, we're getting about 2MB/s which is 16 Mbps. This is far lower than the 90 Mbps we're seeing from speed flex.

Any ideas why the discrepancy? We're setting up the 7731s as trunks and pass 4 vlans. If I create the vlans on the switch the 7731 is plugged into at the main site, i have no issues transferring the files. So something is happening while the data is going over the air.

Installer is out of ideas as they go by speed flex. Ruckus support is asking me if there is a radar at the middle location as there were some suspicious entries in the logs.

My thinking is that a radar will make the connection unstable and not constantly give me great performance through flex speed and poor performance when using computers to transfer data.
8 REPLIES 8

teza_han
New Contributor II
Thanks Gary. I found the distance, after getting it to work with a different channel and have set it as well. For me it's 3km for the first leg and 1 km for the 2nd, so I set it as 4km and 2km respectively. I thought the distance was set by the installer when I was having the issue, but I am not 100% sure.

teza_han
New Contributor II
Now that I look at the distance again, I see that it can go in 1km increments. The first time I looked at it, it only went in 2km increments. Maybe because of the channel I selected at the time. I will change the distance to reflect the real distance and see if it makes it better.

matthew_mills_5
New Contributor III
I'm interested to see how the distance effects the links.

We do not set distances on our links due to issues a number of firmwares back.
I set 2km on a 1km link which was sent to our contractor to install and struggled to get 1Mb each way if any IP connection at all. Radios showed full bars and good RSSI. A number of wasted hours troubleshooting the problem and a trip onsite revealed something whacky.

Have you run the channel scan on both radio sets?

teza_han
New Contributor II
Changing the distance did not make any difference for me.

Yes I've ran channel scan but I only get results on the root bridges. The non-root always comes back with an empty list.