cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ZD warranty claim

alan_tam_ell5st
New Contributor III

Hi, 

I have a zd1200 which is having a problem. I need to send it for warranty claim. I have some question is listed as below :

1) ZD1200 is limited lifetime warranty. This warranty is only cover hardware only right? The limited lifetime warranty is only valid for owner only right? If there is any problem happen to zd1200. Previously import AP license can be transfer? Or I need to purchase new AP license ans support contract? Does ruckus service center can check how many AP license that has been imported to zd1200?

2) Will ZD1200 warranty expiry? 

3) What is the correct procedure to claim warranty? Any document that I need to prepare? The claim process can only be done by zd1200 owner(registered email address) or anyone? Any email address or center that I can contact? ZD1200 is installed at Malaysia.

Thanks for reading and answering my post.

Best regards

Alan

2 REPLIES 2

vijaykuniyal
RUCKUS Team Member

Hi @alan_tam_ell5st,

Answer to your queries as below.

1) ZD1200 is limited lifetime warranty. This warranty is only cover hardware only right? The limited lifetime warranty is only valid for owner only right? If there is any problem happen to zd1200. Previously import AP license can be transfer? Or I need to purchase new AP license ans support contract? Does ruckus service center can check how many AP license that has been imported to zd1200?

Answer: Yes, ZD1200 LLW only covers hardware warranty with RTF(Return to Factory),  AP license can be transferred from old ZD1200 to new ZD1200 and ruckus support will be able to check linked APs license to the current ZD1200, you will need to contact support for warranty claim and query via chat option https://support.ruckuswireless.com

2) Will ZD1200 warranty expiry?
Answer: It will be supported under RTF(Return to Factory RMA) for product failure.

3) What is the correct procedure to claim warranty? Any document that I need to prepare? The claim process can only be done by zd1200 owner(registered email address) or anyone? Any email address or center that I can contact? ZD1200 is installed at Malaysia.
Answer: You will need to contact support for warranty claim and query via chat option on the right hand side bar https://support.ruckuswireless.com, Team will help you with the process.

Vijay Kuniyal

Staff Technical Support Engineer

CCNA RnS | CCNA Wireless | CWNA | RASZA | Meraki CMNO | RACPA

alan_tam_ell5st
New Contributor III

Hi vijaykuniyal, 

Thanks for your reply. Actually the support contract for this zone controller has been expiry on 2019. After that no renewal for support contract. Can I renew support contract now?

Thanks.

Best regard