cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ZD 1100 and 7373 APs: Very slow throughput

john_lotz_68378
New Contributor II
I have a zone director 1106 (running 9.8.1.0 build 101) connected to 3 7363 APs and have very low throughput over the wireless network. This is both for internet traffic on TimeWarner Business Class with 200mpbs down and 20mpbs up and over the local network. Wired transfers over the local network are 112-115MBps. Wireless speeds are in the kilobytes. Anything but the most basic internet browsing is maddeningly slow.

I reset the ZD to defaults to start over and have the same problem. I have a support case open in which we spent a few hours on the phone troubleshooting and support is now looking at logs and such. Support created a test WLAN on one AP and made a few changes to that WLAN that got some increase in speed but not much and certainly not anywhere near wired speeds. IIRC, we might have seen 6MBps on this test WLAN.

While I'm patiently waiting for support's response, I'm hoping the community might have some thoughts or suggestions on what to try or look at. I know Ruckus is supposed to just work but, well, it doesn't. Thanks in advance!
11 REPLIES 11

monnat_systems
Valued Contributor II
Hi John,

After reading this thread i have suggestions without buying new access point or equipment and for your consideration:

Did we ever try to find out on which channel is THIS 2.4ghz interference or is all band interference? No? Try Ruckus Sprectrum analyzer feature. or buy this very affordable spectrum analyzer from Ubiquiti - AIRView and is available on amazon.

https://www.google.co.in/search?q=air...

let say we are able to make out that X & Y are ridden with interference and interference cannot be removed then we can blacklist them for use so that AP always use usable channel. this would make things difficult however you will have usable network.

john_lotz_68378
New Contributor II
Thank you. It's my understanding that my APs do NOT have the Ruckus Spectrum Analyzer feature.

As noted, I've considered purchasing a spectrum analyzer but I'm not sure the knowledge will do any good as I doubt I can change what is causing the problem. Also, that one is discontinued by Ubiquiti.

I suppose if I know where the non-wif interference is coming from, I can "blacklist" those channels but shouldn't channelfly do the same thing?

With the new AC standard, I'm not opposed to new APs just don't want to throw money at a problem if the new APs won't address the specific issue (2.4 interference).