cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Windows 8 connectivity problems with 9.4.3.0 build 16.

newsfool
New Contributor III
I've had multiple reports of Windows 8 laptops having difficulty connecting to various APs running 9.4.3.0.16.

A reboot solves the problem temporarily, but not permanently. The problem only seems to affect Windows 8 laptops.

Before I try to upgrade to 9.5 or 9.6, I thought I'd check to see if there are any known Windows 8 connectivity issues with the 9.4.3 firmware.

Thanks.
3 REPLIES 3

keith_redfield
Valued Contributor II
This should be a common combination (windows 8 w 9.4.3 APs), but in checking our case histories, etc I am not seeing pervasive reports of issues (only 1 iffy match). The fact that it's Windows 8 may be a red herring. For example, it may be 802.11h (channel fly) settings in the driver those laptops happen to be using.

Can you turn off ChannelFly temporarily and see if it helps? (set the channel manually).

newsfool
New Contributor III
Channels are automatically adjusted using Background Scanning, not ChannelFly. I assume that's what you wanted me to turn off?

If this is not a pervasive issue, I will see if I can dig deeper to see if it's driver related on the notebooks.

I did notice that our access points are set to disconnect connection after 5 minutes of inactivity.

keith_redfield
Valued Contributor II
Both will cause dynamic channel changes that some clients/drivers can't handle well. So under Configure->Services uncheck "Automatically adjust xx GHz channels using.." (choices of Background Scanning and ChannelFly)

Aggressive sleep behavior on the laptops could also be an issue. You might check if there's a difference when plugged in vs battery (and/or set to full-power modes)