cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

User fails authentication too many times in a row when joining WLAN

wouter_beens
New Contributor II

Hello,

In the ZoneDirector I get multiple messages of clients who fails to authenticate too many times in a row when joining a WLAN. We configured multiple Open WLAN networks and it happens by all of them. In the Syslog Guide the action is to check the user credentials, but it's an open network with no encryption.

We use firmware version 9.10.0.0 build 218, but these messages where already their in firmware 9.8.1.0.101

Access-points type mostly T300 and ZF7762.

Has anybody experienced this before?

21 REPLIES 21

Scott, what kind of authentication is on the SHOTGUN WLAN?

And what kind of Clients are these?

The AA:MM:AA:CC:AD client appears to be missing a byte in their MAC address and MM
is outside the 0-F range for Hex characters???

08-66-98 = Apple

90-b6-86 = Murata Mfg Co Ltd

A:MAC:ADDRESS, the item is a nest camera: which uses 18:b4:30 Amazon Kindle. But it doesn't matter what the device is, all devices do the same. 

WPA2 set to Open. The devices connect freely to the Network without issue on the H500. I am downgrading to 101 today.

Okay, so that worked, downgrading to 101 Changes the device from not authorized to authorized on the T300. I didn't change any configuration settings.

a4:b8:05:OSSobes-iPhone Outside SHOTGUN136802.11a/n/ac 72%
Authorized
Connectivity18:b4:30:Amazon Kindle   Outside SHOTGUN CH108 802.11a/n 99% Authorized OPEN

Hi Scott,
  Glad to get your update, thanks.  Did you have 9.12.2.0.219 (MR2 Refresh), and downgraded one
release to 9.12.2.0.101 (MR2) as the only difference?  And restored your previous .101 backup, right?
No issue on an indoor H500 on either version, and only on the T300 with latest showed these errors? 

DSE, you saw similar on outdoor 7782, and on what version of ZD?

Yes to all of my post, thanks, Michael.