cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

System time is off on client and dropping connection. Where is the setting to disable this feature and what is the reason for it?

evan_prunty
New Contributor
I have a couple of clients with the incorrect system time, therefore they are dropping their connection. The incorrect time is a pretty low priority issue at the moment, and they need to keep their connection. I have not been able to find this in the Zone Director and wondering where I can find it and shut if off, at least for now. Also, what is the reasoning behind this setting? The only thing I can think of would be for logging purposes. Maybe I'm forgetting something...

Any ideas or suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks!

Zone Director Info:
Model ZD3050
Version 9.3.0.0 build 87
4 REPLIES 4

max_o_driscoll
Valued Contributor
On a ZD1100 time settings are on configure/system...scroll down to system time.
It's a start!

keith_redfield
Valued Contributor II
The system time setting only affects the wlan time-based on/off feature and log files viewed via the web UI. Internally the ZD uses UTC/GMT.

It's not clear to me what's going on here - AP's shouldn't care what the time setting on a client is. I think the time setting being off is a red-herring and something else is going on to cause the disconnect.

evan_prunty
New Contributor
So, if the system time on the client is a couple of hours off, that shouldn't have anything to do with the connection?

Example:
Time 11:30 AM
ZD Time 11:30 AM
Client Time 9:21 PM

That will not make a difference, correct?

keith_redfield
Valued Contributor II
Slight possibility of some issue with the TLS cert, but the easy way to test is to create an open, unencrypted wlan and see if they can connect there.