cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

System ZD 1100 USB

moncef_zellou
New Contributor
Hello
I format the USB key which is located at the inner casing of ZD 1100 helped me how can I repair my zone director
29 REPLIES 29

Jannis: I think upgrading from <9.8 to >=9.8 gives you 90 days of support, which should be plenty to get the rest of the updates you need installed. If you're on 9.8/9.9 already then follow Daniel's lead and downgrade to 9.7.x first.

Richard: On both the non-booting ZD1100s I've bought, the USB drive was actually healthy enough to cloned onto a 4GB stick I had lying around. The cloned sticks then worked great in the ZD1100.
BUT, for the same cost as a ZD1100, I'd recommend using ebay to dump the R700 and buy another R600 (when you see one cheap). Then run the two R600s unleashed - unleashed is significantly more polished than the 9.10 ZD software which you'd be running on a ZD1100.

Some great work in here. Can anyone point me to a clone of a working usb? The steps above are not working for me. I wait for FDISK for 10 mins and then try to loads FW which fails, it takes me to http://192.168.0.2/forms/uploadRescue that says its cant be reached, currently trying to dig out my serial cable.

Hi Grant, It's been a while since I did this, but it worked a treat, I gave up on the rescue mode, luckily I had a spare ZD1100 & cloned the USB stick from the good unit to a spare old 2GB memory stick. I think I used clonezilla 

I linked to a backup of a working usb in this thread:-

ZD1100 issue in rescue mode & status blinking red

how do you clone this working drive to another? just copy the .bin file to a working drive?