cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stuck in blinking Status after upgrade to zd1100_9.10.2.0.29.ap_9.10.2.0.29

roy_jorolan
New Contributor III
After upgrading the firmware of ZD100 from 9.8 to 9.10,  and the installation was 100% complete, the screen is stuck to Restarting.  The STATUS led is always blinking.  I've waited for 45mins and still the same. I can't ping the assigned  Ip address of the unit.

SO i decided to restart the unit, but still stuck in STATUS blinking.
I can't ping the assigned  Ip address of the unit.
9 REPLIES 9

Only the ones from the admin manual.Power off,Hold in the Reset button (needs a paperclip) for 5-10 sec while repowering the device.
That should get it back to factory defaults/blank on the last firmware loaded with success.

Hope it helps.

Hi,
I did the factory reset, but still STATUS Led is stuck on blinking. And still can't ping the assigned IP or default IP.

Any alternative? Thanks again.

michael_brado
Esteemed Contributor II
Blinking red Status LED is seen when the ZD is booting up, and should go solid green when completely booted.

If you use the paperclip Hard Reset method, your ZD will default back to 192.168.0.2 IP address.  Give your PC
a 192.168.0.10 (anything but .1 or .2) and ping the ZD address continuously.  Does it (ever) answer?  Wait for
15 minutes if you have to, but do you ever get a ping response or see the Status LED change from blinking red?

Other suggestions, change the power supply to the ZD.  I saw a ZD that would reboot for no reason, and it was
due to the power supply.  The ZD1100 uses the same power supply that worked with legacy 802.11n AP models.

HI,

During the Reset method using paperclip, the ZD1100 STATUS LED made a blinking RED, but no SOLID GREEN. It just keep on blinking.  I've waited for 1day hoping it would be SOLID Green, but it did not happen.

Assigned a workstation with IP add , 192.168.0.5 and directly connected to ZD1100, but NO ping reply from 192.168.0.2, 

I'm not sure if its related to the power supply, since this occurred right after the upgrade of the firmware to from 9.8 to 9.10, which stuck on "RESTARTING" part of the process . 
Before that, the operation is normal.

Update:
Zonedirector1100 is now fixed.  What I did:

1.  Do the Factory Reset Procedure but this time I unplugged the Power Adapter. (What I did last time were, power switch off/on     and   unplugged the power cable, with a paper clip pressed on the reset)

2. This time, I can now PING 192.168.0.2

3. Access the 192.168.0.2 and complete the setup wizard.

4. But this time, the Firmware is now 9.10.2.0 build 29.

Do you have any idea why the firmware is updated after doing the factory reset?