cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Software QA recent problems

maxim_malugin
New Contributor II
In January Ruckus released software 8.0.70a with automatic PoE firmware upgrade.
It killed PoE module in 4 of our ICX7250 switches. Support saying it's hardware fault. I doubt it and want to notify PM and Product team.

The same time Ruckus released 10.1.0.0.1515. Web design finally is a HUGE improvement. But this version unable to upgrade (and control) T300 and T300e access points with these messages on AP:

w: Updating rcks_wlan.bkup ...

flash id is 0x10220

_check_new_image_hdr(192.168.5.10,t300e/10.1.0.0.1515/rcks_fw.bl7.main,,,): ctl/hdr file size mismatch (10344444 != 10342400)

** firmware size not as specified in control file

--------

I'm not complaining. Ruckus is great and I want it to be this way. 

This post is my part to help you notice some annoying bugs.

2 REPLIES 2

do394jg37
New Contributor II
I hate to say this, but the lack of replies here says alot.

Im seeing a similar bug when moving some vSZ APs (w FW v3.2.1.0.642 to  FW v3.6.2.x).  about 55x APs are showing this log message (and stuck at v3.2.1... 😞

working|reading firmware file header
failed|firmware size not as specified in control file

My recent interactions with ruckus support have unfortunately been a complete waste of time,  so this issue will be fun to fix on my own. 😞

Will update if i find a solution to my issue in the KB.

stephen_hall_60
Contributor
I hate to say this, but the lack of replies here says alot.

Im seeing a similar bug when moving some vSZ APs (w FW v3.2.1.0.642 to  FW v3.6.2.x).  about 55x APs are showing this log message (and stuck at v3.2.1... 😞

working|reading firmware file header
failed|firmware size not as specified in control file

My recent interactions with ruckus support have unfortunately been a complete waste of time,  so this issue will be fun to fix on my own. 😞

Will update if i find a solution to my issue in the KB.