cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

R700 keeps dropping connections of all connected users

sam_littler
New Contributor II
Hi guys,

I have an R700 running at my workplace that has about 50 people connected (approx. 75 devices). The encryption type is AES.

What reasons could cause all users to simultaneously be kicked off?

Thanks

Sam
9 REPLIES 9

munish_munish
Contributor
Hi Sam Littler,

You have already mentioned but Just to re-confirm , it is happening only with one AP ?

If so , Try disabling the channel fly and configure a static channel on the AP and monitor if you see this issue again.

Thanks ,
Munish

sam_littler
New Contributor II
@Munish, we only use 1 AP.

A scan shows that the wireless router upstairs changes channel rapidly (every few seconds).

The log shows several channelfly channel changes due to interference.

If the wireless router upstairs were to change to a channel that was being used by our access point, would that be sufficient to cause it to change channels and disconnect everyone?

monnat_systems
Valued Contributor II
Hi Sam,

Channelfly will change channel if it finds a channel which can give better performance than the current one and one of the reason could be wireless router upstairs changing to a channel that was being used by R700.

I have noticed from my experience that old generation chipset tend to take more time to reconnect hence disconnection is noticeable.

Hope this helps.

polyvore_it
New Contributor
Hi Sam,

Are your users able to reconnect to the R700, or do you need to reboot it?

Doug

michael_brado
Esteemed Contributor II
Sam, Please contact Ruckus Tech Support for the current latest recommended R700 firmware image, currently 9.8.2.0.24, which has some important fixes and I believe may address your reported problem.