cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem to connect to WLAN after upgrade to iOS 11

franz_josef_gec
New Contributor
We are running a ZD 1100 with 9.10.2 Build 29 firmware and 7762 and 7363 APs.
After upgrading iOS devices from 10.x to 11 these devices cannot connect to the WLAN.
We are using pre shared Keys and WPA2.
Even if we try to use the guest WLAN a connection ist not possible.
What can we do resolve this issue?
11 REPLIES 11

I've tried now a new test WLAN but no success.

If Guest WLAN is set to open authentication and connecting to that fails, is it even possible to recreate the successful authentication that Max is seeing using just MAC authentication?

What about when using WPA-mixed authentication or when changing AES/Auto (TKIP+AES), even try WEP to see if that fails also.

Maybe try authentication against a different manufacturers WiFi and if that succeeds I would give Ruckus support a call.

stefan_gruenbec
New Contributor
We did iOS 11 update today, also lost connection to ZD1200 and 7363 APs. Apple support knows this problem. Connection to an old Zyxel NBG5715 Dual Band Router works with iOS11. I hope, Apple and Ruckus will fix the problem soon.

Do you have an URL to a site where you got this information from?

clarke_hotton
New Contributor
Yes we had the same fault.  With no encryption (we have a third party Captive portal to authenticate users) it still did the same.
In the end I set the Wireless as a Guest policy, and then it would connect and hold connection, but still no Internet or portal page.  This was due to a rule on our Firewall not allowing traffic from one port to another.  ZD 1100 with 9.10.2 Build 29 firmware and 7962 AP's.  We tried Unifi as well and same result, until I added the Rule on the router.  Check your firewall.