cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My APs shows disconnected status after electricity cut

jeudi_abote
New Contributor II
After electricity cut, all my APs become disconnected and not pingable. They are connected to a switch that is connected to the ZD(pingable). The Ip adress of my APs are given by a DHCP server and then we choose the option "keep Aps sitting" in order to keep for each Ap the same first adress,now in dashboard it is displayed that all the Aps are disconnected and all the users can't acces to the internet.
So can anybody helps me
6 REPLIES 6

andrea_coppini
Contributor II
is your DHCP online after the power cut?  setting "Keep AP setting" only means that the APs will continue to DHCP or Static IPs according to what is configured on them, it doesn't mean they will save the DHCP lease they got!  In other words, the APs still need DHCP, if you turned it off, the APs will all come up with their default IP.

Also, check your switch configuration.  On most switches you need to manually save the configuration after making changes (eg.  'copy running-configuration startup configuration' or 'write mem').  Many times this step is forgotten so the switch runs with the configuration in RAM, when the power fails, all the config is lost.

And in addition to Andrea's comments, is your Router back up and functioning properly after the power cycle?

If you connect your laptop/PC to a second port of any of the APs, does it get a DHCP address?  Can it ping your ZD?

jeudi_abote
New Contributor II
Thanks for your responses.
My Dhcp is running,for the switch I m going to cheek if the changes are saved or not and will let you know.
Yeah my router is functioning proprely and my zd is pingable but the users can't get an Ip adress and I can't find any of my ssid among the networks displayed.
If you need any information let me know .

jeudi_abote
New Contributor II
Thanks for your responses.
My Dhcp is running,for the switch I m going to cheek if the changes are saved or not and will let you know.
Yeah my router is functioning proprely and my zd is pingable but the users can't get an Ip adress and I can't find any of my ssid among the networks displayed.
If you need any information let me know .