cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My APs shows disconnected status after electricity cut

jeudi_abote
New Contributor II
After electricity cut, all my APs become disconnected and not pingable. They are connected to a switch that is connected to the ZD(pingable). The Ip adress of my APs are given by a DHCP server and then we choose the option "keep Aps sitting" in order to keep for each Ap the same first adress,now in dashboard it is displayed that all the Aps are disconnected and all the users can't acces to the internet.
So can anybody helps me
6 REPLIES 6

jeudi_abote
New Contributor II
I checked my switch config and it's okey,i still don't know why my aps are disconnected. I also recreate the dhcp scope for my aps but the scope remains empty witch means that my aps didn't tacke an Ip adress,so do you have any idea of what's the problem behind??

Do a shut no shut on the ports to power cycle the AP's, just to be on the safe side.

Note: I would statically assign IP addresses to your AP's - it's good networking practice

If you are able to be on the same network as the AP's you should do a wireshark sniff during a power cyle of the AP to determine it's IP address as you'll see this via the ARP broadcast.

You can accomplish this by using the "eth.src == " filter option:

Image_ images_messages_5f91c46e135b77e247a7ff8c_08cedb4370a85501e14ab2df446200eb_RackMultipart20160121267561uk9-29a07a87-7a98-4d9a-a098-dd8229f05567-546858759.png1453338317

Additionally you should see if the DHCP request is being made and also if its successful or not, which will help with your troubleshooting.

Good luck