cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multicast to multiple concurrent devices

kuti_schwartz
New Contributor II
Configured 7982 with either multicast or directed-multicast and after 8 concurrect users video stream freezes! Users are Android or Windows
11 REPLIES 11

kuti_schwartz
New Contributor II
Do you know what the CLI commnad is? Does not show up in CLI guide

BTW - the sam ething happens when I do not convert mc to unicast. Since I am showing the same live content to all the devices, I actually prefer pure multicast since that will sync all the devices and not utilze buffers.

primoz_marinsek
Valued Contributor
Maybe it's time for someone at RW to chime in.

I don't know how you manage to send for example 6 mc streams and it works. MC traffic usually defaults to 1 or 2Mbps unless you disable non-ofdm rates which then defaults it to 6Mbps. Have you disabled non-ofdm and have changed the bss-minrate?

But the benefit of directed mc is that you send a stram at max speed per client, not the lowest denominated one, so there are benefits.

john_d
Valued Contributor II
Wow, this thread was kind of dug up from the past, but the setting I believe the OP was looking for is "directed-threshold": https://support.ruckuswireless.com/answers/000002849

By default this value is set at 5, and there's a warning about increasing it too much....

I really need more than that article who are experienced 7982 and iptv project, those topics are a bit larger than my body 🙂

john_d
Valued Contributor II
Many of us here are private volunteers who post here in our spare time and are not Ruckus reps or affiliated with Ruckus. If you have a specific question, you're more than welcome to ask, though I would recommend starting a separate thread... Of course, Ruckus has paid support programs and resellers, all of whom would be able to provide you a more formal form of support for your inquiries 🙂