cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there a way to view the configuration in a .BAK file without a ZoneDirector?

jseger
New Contributor II
I have some deployments over seas that I can not access remotely. I need to view the current configuration on the ZD3000 pair that is deployed at the site. I have the configuration file (.BAK) but only have a ZD1100 locally and cannot restore the ZD3k file to the ZD1100. Is there a utility I can use to view this configuration without a ZD3k?
9 REPLIES 9

michael_brado
Esteemed Contributor II
Rowdy only reads .dbg files.

max_o_driscoll
Valued Contributor
Okay I'll bite...Michael why are you trawling through 2 year old threads? [useful though the additional info is]
Did you had a sleepless night and thought it would be fun or perhaps you have an exceptionally long memory, vaguely curious.

Thanks Max, no, the old stuff pops up again, and I'm trying to Archive what's too far out of date.

In this case, I saw the question was unanswered, so I checked .bak and .dbg on the Log Analyzer.

paul_attenborou
New Contributor
Was there ever an answer to this question ? i also wish to view a config file, is it possible?

No, customers do not have a way to read a ZD .bak backup configuration file.

You will need to contact Ruckus Tech Support, who have tools to decode them, and report the ZD version info from them,
so customers can load the previous/matching ZD firmware, and restore the previous configuration.