cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is anyone running a ZD 1200 / 3000 on 10.1

andrew_margari1
New Contributor III
I'm trying to find out if someone is using these model of the ZD with the newer 10.1 code and how their migration went and if the performance is affected.

We have about 400 APs on a ZD3000 in HA mode and we are exited to move over to the new code.
Here are my questions :

1) How did the migration go from 9.13 to 10/10.1?
2) Has anyone upgrade while having HA set up?
3) Any ZD performance increase after the migration?
4) Will the APs upgrade immediately after the ZD upgrade?
5) What's the downtime when you upgrade the ZD and APs?
6) Any hiccups in the upgrade process?
7) How are the new client troubleshooting feature?

Any other info that you have, would be highly appreciated.
5 REPLIES 5

I'm not from support, though I do work on ZD's in my role as an instructor. I've run through the 9.13 to 10+ upgrade quite a few times and it's always been very smooth, though with only a few AP's and all on a local subnet. I have also run classes remotely with remote AP's, again with no major issues. A couple of things to bear in mind. If you are able to test on a redundant system first then you should. When you're happy to go ahead:
  • access points will start to upgrade as soon as the ZoneDirector has upgraded.
  • check your MTU settings, this can have an affect on the connection. Try 1200 or 1300 in place of the default 1500. LWAPP doesn't do great with latency, so you may have to tweak this if you notice AP's having problems
  • if you can, co-ordinate to have the access points connect in stages after the upgrade to the ZD
  • the upgrade to the AP's can take a while, keep your eye on the system events and be patient.
  • have a backup plan - it should be fine, but if you have any problem for any reason, don't be afraid go back to your original config