cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Im running 3.5.1.0.862 firmware. Clients are getting dropped randomly

aaron_olson_9y1
New Contributor II
Im running 3.5.1.0.862 firmware. I have one site on my system that is having all kinds of problems with staying connected to the network. The wireless device will connect to one ssid and than randomly disconnect and have a mic error code or loss on connection like it loses its pre shared key. I can move to another access point and it will connect just fine. It seems very random. It started basically day one so I did an upgrade and now the ap's are in alarm. They are being flagged. Ruckus says just ignore the flagged error if they are not dropping. Well they are dropping clients. Anyone see this before.
20 REPLIES 20

Also,
to check for the bss-minrate you can use CLI:
SSH in
show wlan - will show all the options for each WLAN, including bss-minrate

tochange bss-minrate:
config
wlan "Name of your WLAN"
bss-minrate - to change the bss-minrate
exit - to save the config

ZD 10.x.x might have this under WLAN->Advanced config in the GUI as well

do you have to pull the log directly from ap or can you through the controller.  I only see the events tab and alarm tab that doesn't tell you much

From the Administrator guide for version 10.0:

To view AP logs:

1. Go to Administer > Diagnostics, and locate the AP Logs section.
2. Click the “Click Here” link next to “To show current AP logs...”. The log data is displayed in the text box beneath the link. 

The min-rate setting would be under the WLAN settings, at the bottom. There's a drop down box where you can select three options.

The bss-minrate is set to 12mbps