cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Im running 3.5.1.0.862 firmware. Clients are getting dropped randomly

aaron_olson_9y1
New Contributor II
Im running 3.5.1.0.862 firmware. I have one site on my system that is having all kinds of problems with staying connected to the network. The wireless device will connect to one ssid and than randomly disconnect and have a mic error code or loss on connection like it loses its pre shared key. I can move to another access point and it will connect just fine. It seems very random. It started basically day one so I did an upgrade and now the ap's are in alarm. They are being flagged. Ruckus says just ignore the flagged error if they are not dropping. Well they are dropping clients. Anyone see this before.
20 REPLIES 20

alex_shalima
Contributor
Aaron,

What are the devices (phones, tablets, proprietary devices) that are getting dropped?

Are you in US? Are you using DFS channels?

Can you attach a text log or a link to a text log from a WAP that is having the issue you are describing?

Best,
Alex

aaron_olson_9y1
New Contributor II
It has happened on ipads, hp tablet, smart board, and laptops.  I will copy a log to post it.

eightohtwoeleve
Contributor III
Are you having to re-enter credentials? Or just by moving you can get it to "snap" back without further intervention? What's your min bss-rate set to? Is it set to something super aggressive (24 Mbps)?

aaron_olson_9y1
New Contributor II
Its random.  But I can move from one ap to another or one ssid to another and get the error. If I go back to the other ap or ssid than it will connect again.  I believe it was set for 24 mbps.  I cant find the setting now after the upgrade.

Aaron,

Were you able to pull log from any WAP that is having an issue. This will be indicated in there if bss-min-rate is affecting your clients.