cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Im running 3.5.1.0.862 firmware. Clients are getting dropped randomly

aaron_olson_9y1
New Contributor II
Im running 3.5.1.0.862 firmware. I have one site on my system that is having all kinds of problems with staying connected to the network. The wireless device will connect to one ssid and than randomly disconnect and have a mic error code or loss on connection like it loses its pre shared key. I can move to another access point and it will connect just fine. It seems very random. It started basically day one so I did an upgrade and now the ap's are in alarm. They are being flagged. Ruckus says just ignore the flagged error if they are not dropping. Well they are dropping clients. Anyone see this before.
20 REPLIES 20

alex_shalima
Contributor
Hi Aaron,

Do your VLAN tags exist on all of the switch ports?

Best,
Alex

aaron_olson_9y1
New Contributor II
Yes.  The public internet ssid has a tagged vlan across all the ports on the switch.  The switch ports are setup as a hybred.  The ruckus ap is managed with a untagged pvid and the customer traffic is on a tagged vlan.

alex_shalima
Contributor
Hi Aaron,

Great. That is 95% of all issues usually. I have to triple check the switch configs if I didn't do the config myself. 

Moving forward is where it gets interesting,

- Are you using any sort of authentication mechanisms?
- Are you using Dynamic VLANs?

Best,
Alex

aaron_olson_9y1
New Contributor II
no dynamic vlans, and authentication only through the ruckus.  no radius.  using wpa2 pre shared key set to auto.  I did try aes only and it seemed not to help.