cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I look at the state of vSZ-H by ssh

angie_londo_o
New Contributor II

I have 2 commands one, restart of the service and the other show service and I don't know how to execute them by ssh, Can someone tell me what else the command needs?

10 REPLIES 10

angie_londo_o
New Contributor II

I have this other question?

cluster problem.

Hello everyone.

I have two primary and secondary controllers, the secondary controller presents problems in the cluster and it shows me alerts constantly. The primary controller is charging all AP's.

This is the version of the controller 5.1.0.0.496.

Try to balance the load which did not work and still presents the same problem.
What can I do to solve this problem?

I appreciate the help.

albert_pierson
RUCKUS Team Member
Hi Angie,

This sort of issue will need analysis by Ruckus support.  I suggest you open a case with Ruckus Support: https://support.ruckuswireless.com/contact-us

Some suggestions:

Verify the status of each node from CLI:
en
show service
show cluster-state

Create a Diagnostic Snap shot on each node for analysis by support.

This can be done from the WEB-UI in Diagnostics::Applications logs by selecting each node at the top of the page then clicking on the "Download Snapshot logs"  - this button will create a diagnostic snap shot for the node and then output it on the browser - it will take several minutes.

Verify you have sufficient resources for the number of AP's by checking the resource requirements in the release notes for 5.1.0.0.496

https://support.ruckuswireless.com/documents/2536-smartzone-5-1-0-0-496-ga-release-notes

You can verify the resources on each node of the vSZ using this CLI command:

show system-capacity

Here is a KBA article about this:

How to check current vSZ Resource Level 

There are places in the vSZ WebUI that display supported number of APs, and CLI commands too.
https://support.ruckuswireless.com/articles/000005667

All nodes must have the same VM resources (RAM memory, CPU's, Disk space)
These resources MUST be dedicated to the vSZ and not shared with other guest operating systems.

Make sure to note the type and version of VM visualizer used, RAM, CPU and Disk space per node when reporting your issue to support.

I hope this information is helpful.

Good Luck

angie_londo_o
New Contributor II
Hello Albert

As you had suggested uploading the case to ruckus I did it.
They ask us to execute these commands show meminfo, show cpuinfo, and show diskinfo.
This is the result.
Image_ images_messages_5f91c448135b77e247a00862_ad243de223e165df1341708fe0924cc6_RackMultipart20190909804451d4v-3cf1829c-bde0-4ed6-aa02-0c78e0385f9d-1854574161.png1568065154
According to what they tell me that increasing HDD disk space to 100 GB solves the problem
of the cluster.

Since that didn't work, what do you suggest me to do?

Thank you

albert_pierson
RUCKUS Team Member
Hi Angie,

Make sure all nodes in the cluster have the same amount of resources.

Check services on each node via SSH/CLI - show service

Verify Cluster status on each node - show cluster-state

Verify the capacity of each node per resources (CPU, RAM) - show system-capacity

Also check the status of memory, cpu and disk usage on the VM visualizer tool to make sure your hardware is not acting up.

The Ruckus TSE's should be able to assist you in further diagnostics.  Save fresh diagnostic snap shots after making sure both nodes VM have the same resources. 

I hope this helps.

Albert

angie_londo_o
New Contributor II
Hi Albert,
Can you explain to me how I perform the verifications you are indicating?

Thank you