cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help with upgrading ZoneDirector 1112

Uptown32
New Contributor

Hi all,

Our support expired last month, and I just started with the firm a month ago and is finally catching up to this part to upgrading the controller.

I was trying to upgrade the firmware on Zone Director 1112 today and boy I am in for a surprise. I backed up all the settings before proceeding. The old firmware was 9.8.2 build 15 and I was trying to upgrade it to 9.10.2. After it reboots, it wipes the controller as if it is a brand-new setup. I was able to locate the IP address on the network and connect to it. When attempting to restore the backup settings, I ran into a "red " blur indicating the backup DOES NOT work for the new firmware! What is the point of allowing backup if that is not allowed? I am just a bit baffled.  Is a way to upgrade this seamlessly without having to re-adding all the APs and reconfigure the ZD. 

I was reading other posts and saw that the ZD I am using can go up to firmware 9.13.3.0.164.  I will try to locate this version but will need some help with how to restore the settings.

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

sanjay_kumar
RUCKUS Team Member

Hi @Uptown32 

Upgrading the ZD from 9.8.2 build 15 to 9.10.2 is not supported. You need minimum 9.9.0.0.205 to upgrade to 9.10.2.
Please follow the below upgrade path which should not Factory reset the ZD.

1. Restore the backup to the ZD.
2. Follow the path : 9.8.3.0.14 > 9.9.1.0.31 > 9.10.1.0.59 > 9.12.1.0.140 >> 9.13

Note : After every upgrade, make sure to wait for the APs to upgrade and connect back.
Make sure to take the backup after every upgrade.

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9

ERIC123
New Contributor

hello dear Amith

but, i got this error msg "We're sorry. That download is not available at this time. Please check back." when try to get Entitlement file by link https://support.ruckuswireless.com/entitlement_file  

ERIC123
New Contributor

hello dear Amith

but, i got this error msg "We're sorry. That download is not available at this time. Please check back." when try to get Entitlement file by link https://support.ruckuswireless.com/entitlement_file  

Hi Sanjay,
Sorry work has caused a pause in my attempt to upgrade the firmware for our Zone Director. Can you please help? So I was able to successfully upgrade from 9.8.2 to 9.8.3. I am trying to upgrade to 9.9.1.0.31 and ran into this error regarding the "Entitlement file". Why is there a need for an entitlement file and how can I acquire the file?

Hi @Uptown32 
The ZD has to be under support in order to upgrade the controller. Probably you can contact out support line and check with the License team on this once.

Thank you for your quick response.